Under the guidance of a guide, the Tourist Office and the city of Tours offer you a tour of the Renaissance in Tours.
Tours became the capital of the kingdom for 80 years, from 1440 onwards, thanks to the installation of Louis XI in the castle of Plessis-lès-Tours. Trade and crafts, particularly silk weavers from Italy, benefited from the presence of the court, which also enriched the local bourgeoisie. In the early years of the 16th century, with the appearance of the First Renaissance, Tours was adorned with buildings with new forms and decorations. Gothic tradition and Italian modernity were combined in exceptional building sites.
Reservations must be made in advance at the Tourist Office or online. No sales on site.
Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
Children under 12 years old are free (contact us: 02 47 70 37 37).
The guided tour is in French only and is intended for individuals. For group visits of more than 10 people, please contact the Groups Department on tel: +33 (0) 2 47 70 37 34 or by e-mail: email@example.com.